My message is clear

“I represent accountability for government at all Levels, providing a voice – a real voice for the people of this great state.” Jannean Dean

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ask all candidates to commit to these two things and publicly make it an election promise:

1) An Inquiry into Local Government in Queensland

a. With the powers of a Royal Commission
b. Established within 3 months of the election.
c. Implement findings prior to the next LG election in March 2020.

2) Deliver Queensland a FULL ICAC

a. Based on the NSW ICAC prior to their 2016 amendments
b. Legislated, Established, fully Resourced and Operational within this term of Parliament (within the next 3 years)

Inquiry – recognise the harm, diagnose the causes, stop the harm.
Hit the reset button BEFORE the next LG election in March 2020.

ICAC – put the teeth in the watchdog and let it off the lead.

• The CCC investigates less than 2% of complaints with the other 98% being referred back to department or other body where they “Largely Disappear”. Professor Timothy Prenzler.

#ICACnow (Independent Commission Against Corruption)

#BuildingBetterTogether