Open democracy requires that the people who are served by Local Government know they are being fully informed.
The Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning Hon Jacklyn Trad, Director-General Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning Frankie Carroll, the two appointed advisors, Deputy Director-General, Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning Stephen Johnston and former Cassowary Coast Regional Council CEO Terry Brennan are performing a responsibility, Section 4 (1) (a) Local Government Act and that they have to comply with the 5 Principles of the Local Government Act.
The LGA09 (Section 4) is founded on five Local Government principles:
- Transparent and effective processes and decision-making in the public interest.
- Sustainable development and management of assets and infrastructure, and delivery of services.
- Democratic representation, social inclusion and meaningful community engagement.
- Good governance of, and by, local government.
- Ethical and legal behaviour of local government employees.
We Demand: Representative Government, Good Governance
Join the discussion: Hinterland Community and Economic Development